Big news! User testing is now available for free in Marvel!
This amazing new feature allows you to record exactly what users do with your iOS prototypes. Not only can you see their screen, taps and gestures but also their reactions using the camera and microphone on the device.
Each time a user completes a test, you’ll get a beautiful timeline of exactly what happened in the test PLUS you see each of your screen designs segmented and timestamped. Lovely!
If you’ve run user testing sessions before you’ll know how much effort they can be to set-up, now it’s just as easy as sending a link. Marvel user testing is powered by the awesome Lookback, sign up for a free account to get started.
Once you’ve done that, head back to Marvel and click on ‘Share’ in any iOS project in Marvel and then select the ‘User Test’ tab. Click to connect to your Lookback account. That’s it! Now just add the email address or mobile number of your user, client or colleague and send your test link.
They’ll need to have our iOS app installed to conduct the test recording (no Marvel account required). The link to the app is included in the test request but you can also download it from the App Store here.
How to get started with user testing
- Head to Lookback and sign up for a free account. Don’t forget to add an organisation name!
- In Marvel, create or select any iOS project and click ‘Share’. Then select the ‘User Test’ tab.
- Click ‘Connect to Lookback’ if you’re already logged into Lookback you’ll be automatically connected.
- Your test URL has now been generated. Simply enter the users email or mobile number to send it direct to their phone. You can also cut and paste the URL to the test.
- They’ll be instructed to download the Marvel iOS app before starting their test.Once they open the test link Marvel for iOS will open and begin recording.
- Head to Lookback to view your test results
Need more help? Watch our set-up video here.
Hope you love this feature! We’ll be bringing our user testing feature to Android and web soon! Follow us on Twitter for updates.